This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Temporary Registration

If you are acutely unwell while away from home and need to see a doctor, you can seek treatment from any local GP practice .

You can be registered as a temporary patient for the duration of your stay in the local area, up to a maximum of three months. This will allow you to be seen by a local practice and still remain as a patient with your permanent GP.

To register as a temporary patient you need to contact the local practice you wish to use. 

You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website